Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gift Exchange and New Friend


A few weeks ago Relyn of Come Sit by my Fire
hosted a gift exchange.
I really wasn't sure I wanted to do it, but Relyn
emailed me and encouraged me to play along.
We had to answer a few questions about ourselves and
then Relyn played her magic matching game.
She matched me with Jeanie at The Marmalade Gypsy.
As Jeanie and I emailed back a forth we found so many things in common.
We realized Relyn was very good at this matching game.
Well finally the time came to exchange our gifts and mine arrived recently in the mail.
As you can see there was a lovely array of special surprises including
a little gift for Joey, some little nibbles in the soft gray bag.
A slightly used book, which is next on my table by my bed to read.
Some touches of Autumn, lovely notecards made by Jeanie, Michigan maple syrup,
Jordan almonds (because I am planning a trip to Jordan), and just the best of
all - a new friend.

What I have learned from this exchange is to be more open to new friends,
you never know where they will pop into your life and bring JOY.

12 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

What fun! And such lovely gifts. And how appropriate to be matched with --- the Marmalade Gypsy!

Angela McRae said...

How fun, and how nice that you had such a thoughtful matchmaker!

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Marilyn,

I'm so happy you had a chance to meet Jeanie. She is the nicest person. We have been blogging buds for at least a couple of years. When Don and I travel across country, she is one of the stops we plan on making.

Hugs,
Annie

Jeanie said...

Hi, Marilyn! I have done a lot of swaps, but never one so personal. And in no other swap have I found such a kindred spirit (and with oh, so many coincidences. Coincidences? I think not! Synchronicities!)

For others who follow your comments, I will tell them wholeheartedly you "give as good as you get" (and Marmalady's Cherry Amaretto jam rocks to the moon!)

Steph said...

Very fun!!

Rosemary said...

What a fun exchange!
Nancy

Cindy said...

What a beautiful post, we all need a friend. take care.

Jeanne said...

Your gifts look lovely
I am in this exchange as well.
Things take a little longer to reach me as they must go through Customs etc.

I love all you share.
Love you
Jeanne

tea time and roses said...

A lovely post Marilyn. Making a new friend is certainly a wonderful thing. Continue to enjoy a lovely week.

Smiles♥

Beverly

Anonymous said...

Friends, new or old, are always a good thing. :-)

Relyn Lawson said...

Yay, YAY!!! I am so glad to read this and see how lovely it was for you. Isn't life so very sweet? What a blessing to find new people to love.

krys kirkpatrick said...

Hey Marilyn,
Thank-you for not abandoning me on my long hiatus.
I have been so busy....it is so good to be home. I missed visiting with you all. Whew...getting settled in and fun to see what you have been up to. Gift giving season already. Time is flying by to fast.