Thursday, October 21, 2010

Return to your Inner Child


This picture has made an appearance here in the past,
but I just had to show it again.
Each time I see it, it makes me smile.

Lately I have come across several blogs that have talked about
allowing your inner child to be celebrated.  To notice
the child-like fantasies to be released and enjoyed.

So I have been thinking.
For me a fantasy is to wear a tutu, a crinoline (do you know that word?),
or a twirly skirt and dance in the sunlight with bare feet.
Laugh and delight in the day.

Can you just picture it, an overweight 67 year old woman wearing
a tutu.  Now don't be surprised if someday you see
someone like me dancing in the sunlight.
They are just allowing their inner-child to shine.

Last Day to sign up for give away tomorrow.
Sign up on Monday's post.

8 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love and hugs and many smiles.
Thanks for all the JOY you bring
Love Jeanne

Laurie said...

Marilyn what a great picture. I'll be on the lookout for tutu clad women having fun with their inner child. and then I'll join them!!

Tracy said...

Tutus and crinolines at any age a VERY good idea... I'll join you in the fun, Marilyn! Make mine pink! ;o) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

parTea lady said...

What a great picture and I love your fun tutu fantasy.

La Tea Dah said...

Marilyn, I envision you in your tutu and ballet slippers dancing in the moonlight by your beautiful window greenhouse. Don't wait! Do it now!

Angela McRae said...

In the early eighties, when I was in high school, long "southern belle" dresses with crinolines were the norm for proms and banquets. Loved the word, hated the stiffness of the scratchy material! But I LOVE this photo ... all those ruffled edges are just so pretty!

Relyn Lawson said...

Yes, I can imagine it. I can just picture it, and it makes me smile. You will be so very lovely when you dance that way.

And, oh my! When you begin to sell you prints, this must be the first offering.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Love that picture! Nice fantasy you have - go for it!!

Katherine