Several years ago I took a 6 week class at the local hospital on Women's Spirituality.
This is what originally inspired me to write Spirit Whispers.
One of the first lessons was to keep a journal.
As you see I have more than one journal.
Each one is for a different purpose.
Journals can be for writing randomly, recording thoughts, struggling through a difficult time, or
just a record of events. There is no right way to journal. It is writing and maybe sketching from your heart.
Once you have entered something into your journal, read it and notice.
Going back and reading what you have written will open your eyes to things
you may have not seen before or help you to take the next steps in your life.
Try to listen as though you were another person, perhaps a wise spiritual guide.
Then make note of this wise counselor's response.
Consider this as a map or tool for self-growth and spiritual progress.
A great way to get started is by making lists, such as:
1. List your dream room
2. List places you would like to visit
3. List things you are afraid of and avoid
4. List things you would like to have done before you die
5. List things you hate and things you love
6. List fantasies you have
7. List aspects of yourself you would like to work on
8. List books you would like to read or those you have enjoyed
9. Record your dreams
10. List significant memories
A Journal is a wonderful way of listening and making more clear the Spirit Whispers and Growing.