Monday, January 31, 2011

Spirit Whispers



This past week I have been reading Women Food and God by Geneen Roth.
As I read I said to myself, that's not me, but to my surprise the above image popped into my mind.
Why would I picture a slice of bread under my pillow? I wasn't quite sure.
As I thought back to my childhood I remember the times when I would worry
about not having food in the cupboard.
I don't remember my mother giving me the slice of bread, but the image is there.
I have often struggled with thinking I never have enough,
but I always thought it was just money.
Now I realize it was also about food and I am doing some evaluation and reading to learn more.

I am opening myself up to Spirit through reading and learning to accept "I have enough".

Thank you Spirit for teaching me this, now if I can just learn to BELIEVE it.

Sharing my story, you can see we sometimes hear the whispers from reading a book.

8 comments:

Laurie said...

I'm need to check out this book Marilyn, it sounds like something I could use about now. I too need to open myself up to Spirit, I know I'll get much further than tackling on my own. Thanks for this post!

Travel France Online said...

It's amazing how much our children's memories have an impact on our adult feelings and understanding of our surroundings...a lot to think about, I agree!

Steph said...

What a profound insight, thank you for inspiring me to dig deeply.

Jeanne said...

Much love and many blessings

Anonymous said...

You know, it's really funny but I struggle with fears of not having enough too. I have really started confronting that this past year.

Tracy said...

What a moment, Marilyn! I certainly agree that reading can strike big chords in us that we need to further explores--especially in terms of the spiritual life, in the inner life. Happy Day ((HUGS))

Dutchbaby said...

The image of a slice of bread under your pillow, instead of your tooth, is a poignant one, Marilyn. Perhaps life is the journey of fulfilling voids of our past. I admire you for facing this so openly.

Jeanie said...

That's interesting -- I've hidden food before, but mostly so I wouldn't binge on it, not because I was worried I wouldn't have it. But the concept of "I have enough" and accepting that is really thought provoking and something I am sure I deal with. Or else I'd stop shopping and eating and clean out a closet now and then...