Monday, January 24, 2011

Spirit Whispers


Listen to Wise Words:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us.
We ask ourselves:  Who am I to be?
Brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you NOT to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so
that people won't feel insecure around you.
We were born to make manifest the glory of God
that is in us.  It is not just in some of us,
it is in everyone......."

an excerpt from Nelson Mandela's
inauguration speech from 1994

9 comments:

Travel France Online said...

Very inspiring speech!
Looking at the crosses, I found in the attic of my family house a gorgeous precious wood and gold "crucifix" dated from 1774...in other words "pre-French revolution"...How did it escape destruction? If only it could speak...

Angela McRae said...

That is awesome! I especially like the part about "your playing small does not serve the world." So true! And I needed to hear it!

Relyn Lawson said...

GORGEOUS picture! Brow set is a clear gel with a mascara like wand. It holds your eyebrows in place. And, if you buy the colored one, it gives a little color to fill in the gaps.

La Tea Dah said...

This is really something to think about. Thank you for sharing it.

Are you on networked blogs? I'm not receiving notices.

Tracy said...

Oh, that man inspires! I've got shivers reading this. I'm especially holding this thought, "Your playing small does not serve the world." Now these are things to think about... Thank you Marilyn. I so enjoy your spirit-filled Monday posts. :o) Happy Week ((HUGS))

Mary Jane said...

Let your light shine!

Annie Jeffries said...

So inspirational. Beautiful words to merge with a beautiful photo.

Marion Williams-Bennett said...

Tears are rolling down my cheeks. These are just the words I needed to hear today, and I am so grateful to you for brining them to me (along with those beautiful crosses!)

Thank you, friend!

Jeanie said...

I love this -- "Your playing small doesn't serve the world." Good words to keep in mind, when I just want to blend into the wall...