I have a weakness for buying those huge pots of chrysanthemums at the market in the fall.
After they have been enjoyed for awhile, they get stuck somewhere in the garden.
The ones in our window box have gone wild and cascade down the wall so beautifully.
How I love them.
Looking online, I was curious about their meaning. Here is what I found:
- Lasting friendship and non-romantic affection
- Support from your family and loved ones
- Cheerfulness and good spirits, including cheering up a sad person
- Rest and recovery after a long trial or challenge
- Enduring life and rebirth, especially the birth of a child
- Loyalty and devotion, both romantic and platonic
There are now more chrysanthemums growing in my garden.
Even if you don't buy them, stop a moment at your market and enjoy.