Friday, November 25, 2016

Tea Time for the Holidays


The antique mall didn't have much in the way of tea time accoutrements,
but never the less what I did find led my mind to think of teas
I might serve with holiday meals.
Yesterday I made a larger than usual pot of tea just to celebrate the day.
It was served in a golden teapot with Alishan Black tea inside.
Oh it satisfied that need for a good cup of tea quite wonderfully.
Rich with flavor and just the right bit of warmth to my soul.
For my family, when it came time for tea, it was Tulsi,
a herbal infusion from India that they enjoyed.
So I seem to be the only caffeinated one.
but even so we enjoyed the day together.

I hope you had time to sit for awhile with a cup of tea.

What flavor was in your cup?

Thanksgiving is a time for family and for friends,
a Delight to our Hearts.

Have a very special weekend, dear friends! 

Linking to Bernideen at http://blog.bernideens.com/

4 comments:

Bernideen said...

Marilyn:
What a lovely photo of some incredibly old teapots. Oh if they could just talk to us and tell their story! Thanks for sharing. I have been enjoying Yorkshire Gold this week!

Jeanie said...

Oh Marilyn, what lovely things. Very festive and pretty. No tea for me this weekend -- but lots of tab and a little wine!

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Marilyn, loved these photos! I had English Breakfast early this morning, Darjeeling a bit later, then more Darjeeling ... I'm afraid I drink altogether too much tea! About 8 times a day.

Steph said...

I'm glad that you enjoyed Thanksgiving with the family. Tea - be it herbal or traditional - is indeed a lovely addition to the Thanksgiving table!