Thursday, June 22, 2017

Santa Fe Botanical Gardens

 There are two things my "live-in gardener" and I
search out when traveling, one is tea experiences
and the other is gardens.
 So a visit to the Santa Fe Botanical Gardens was
the plan for our second morning there.
 The garden was fairly new and still a work in progress,
but we thoroughly enjoyed a morning walk through
a different for us kind of garden.
 I did have to stop by and see their new orchard with fruit trees.
 There were so many plants to see and identify.









 The bridge took us to another part of the garden where there were
herbals, cooking, medicinal plants, plus a place for the children.
It was so well thought out.


 


 Ovens for baking in the garden.




 Thank you for walking with us here.
It was a lovely spring morning.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Oh, this looks fantastic!

Jeanie said...

What a lovely garden. I can see why you enjoyed it. So many plants and flowers I never see in this part of the world and those ovens fascinated me. Yes, I'd go there in a heartbeat!

Tracy said...

WOW... this was very amazing to see! Very different from other botanical gardens I've seen... and of course that's due to the very different climate in the West/South West and what grows there. Such wonderful contrast with all the stone and green... And LOVE those ovens!! (I want one in our garden... LOL! ;) Just learning so much from these post, Marilyn--thank you! :) ((HUGS))