Friday, June 23, 2017

Solstice Morning Photo Shoot


Oh the light!
I had to take my tea to that early morning light.
Stand still my love
Listen in the twilight hour or in the early morn
There are sounds of laughter, soft voices too
Planes fly over head
A car door closes
and a ball bounces nearby

Twilight comes late this night
Morning rises early
Summertime is here

The breezes warm us
The times in between have a special glow
The fairies linger just out of sight
They are waiting to dance in the midnight hour

Lift your cup high and celebrate
for summer days are here

Happy Summer Solstice! 
Enjoy the weekend, dear friends!
linking to Bernideen at: http://blog.bernideens.com/

7 comments:

Adrienne said...

Tea in your garden is a delight! I was going to ask if you were able to get the doors hung on your garden house and that was the first thing I saw! Your garden is beautiful and the perfect spot for tea!
~Adrienne~

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Marilyn, such beautiful verse and beautiful photos. What an inviting scene!

Louca por porcelana said...

Gorgeous pics!Love the teacup,very elegant!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, the fairies are here. And do I have a thing for them. Marilyn, I want to make a fairy garden someday, and I've been collecting little things along the way. Your tea looks so good. Yes, summer is here, and it's getting so warm. It sounds like you appreciate all the seasons, how wonderful!

~Sheri

Bernideen said...

Dear Marilyn:
Lovely cup and saucer and photos and so glad your summer is going well! Thanks for sharing.

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Wonderful verse...and beautiful land. I love the charming conservatory in the pictures...such a perfect spot.

Jeanie said...

I can see why you had to take your tea to the light. It's beautiful -- as is each and every photo!