Thursday, August 6, 2009

Oolong Tea Jelly


Recipe from Tea In Taiwan
A new way to beat the heat of summer - oolong tea jelly.
This is a traditional Taiwan food and easy to make.
It offers a refreshing, cool snack.

Ingredients
10 g Oolong tea leaves (I used a flowery oolong)
water 600g (2.5 cups)
20g unflavored gelatin (1 1/2 tablespoons)
(I used a little more just to give firmness)
100g granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
(I found it alittle too sweet)

Instructions
1. soak tea leaves in hot water until they open
2. combine gelatin and sugar
3. add tea to gelatin and sugar mixture and boil
till the sugar dissolves
4. pour the mixture into molds, let it cool,
then refrigerate until set

If desired, a whole tea leaf can be placed in the
bottom of individual molds. Experiment with
the sugar, this jelly is also nice unsweetened!
It would be pretty cut in different shapes
for a tea party.

10 comments:

parTea lady said...

That does sound good and it looks pretty on the plate. It's nice to find desserts that are light and refreshing for this time of year. Thanks for the recipe.

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I've never heard of this before, it sounds very light and refreshing!

Katherine

Angela McRae said...

Now *this* is fascinating and I'll have to give it a try sometime!

Deanna said...

This sounds wonderful.
I will try this.
Pleasant thoughts,
d

Anonymous said...

I'd like to make this unsweetened for myself here at home. It's such a simple recipe. Really doable for a bachelor like me. --Jason

BALLET NEWS said...

Hello, just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your wonderful post, thank you - I'm really loving your blog too !

Steph said...

Oh, fun fun! I have a box of gelatin waiting to be inspired. I think this is it!

La Tea Dah said...

Oh, oh, oh --- I just saw this post --- I missed it before. This sounds delightful! Ideas are swirling in my head. I think the 'less sweet' would be my fav too --- so the real tea flavor can come through. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Marilyn!

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read the blog. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

Keep on posting such articles. I like to read articles like that. By the way add more pics :)