Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Last Night in Paris


Our last night in Paris we walked, we took a river boat tour on the Seine, and had a lovely late night dinner at a local restaurant near our hotel. It was a lovely evening indeed.

Fascinating to me was to see all the young adults hanging out along the river picnicking, drinking wine, listening to music, visiting with friends, and waving at the people floating by.

The food, oh what can I say, it was amazing. This evening I had a wonderful cheese souffle with mushroom sauce and for dessert a savarin with ice cream and a lemon liquor - delicious.

We move on to Provence tomorrow.

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

Fabulous my lovely friend
I love you

Duchess of Tea said...

Sounds tea-liciously romantic. I am so glad you had such a wonderful time.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Deanna said...

Hello there!
Your Paris pics are fantastic.
I have been enjoying your past post and what a great time you have been having in Paris.
Wonderful.
Neat to be able to see Paris this way.
I hope I can go back and stay when I can stay longer than I did 5 years ago. So much to see and do.
Shucks, if I had started to learn to speak French then perhaps I'd be fluently speaking French today.
Take care,
d

Mary said...

Catching up with you in Paris. Certainly looks like you made the most of your time there Marilyn - and the chocolate, bread, all the foods you described, sound awesome. The French know how to cook............and then how to enjoy a meal, don't they?

Looking forward to hear about your time in Provence!

parTea lady said...

It is wonderful to hear how many activities you managed to enjoy in Paris. I love seeing all the photos and can't wait to hear about Provence.

margie said...

came over from se'lah. i dream of going to paris. i will, one day, in the meantime, loving your photos and stories.

christina said...

this is stunning!!! wow! i have put paris, back on my dream list.
xo

La Tea Dah said...

So romantic and the food sounds yummy!

The Feathered Nest said...

What a dream Marilyn!!!! What a dream....