Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Brownie



Awhile back I showed you some pictures I had taken with another small Brownie camera.
I was telling my half-sister about taking those pictures and she said she still
had her mother's Brownie camera.  Soon after that visit, she gave me her mother's camera.
There is actually a group online that takes pictures through the lens of Brownie cameras
with their digital camera.  They have the look of an old-fashion picture.
http://www.redbubble.com/groups/through-the-viewfinder-photography
This was my first try and I have some practicing to do.
But isn't it fun to learn something new and in a different
way of looking through the lens?

It is noticing what you notice,
seeing through eyes that look at life differently.

11 comments:

Travel France Online said...

Hello Marilyn,
I just discovered your "delightful" blog and I just love it. It is so endearing, the photos are amazingly beautiful, you are a truly talented photographer. I have added you on my list of blogs to follow and I am looking forward to reading your next posts and admiring your peaceful photos.
Best wishes
DeeBee

Relyn Lawson said...

I am so excited for you. So glad you have your Mom's camera. What a wonderful treasure! I might be just a little jealous that you have two Brownies though. I can't wait to see what you do.

Adrienne said...

I have thought of finding an old camera so I could do some Through The Lens photography. It intrigues me! I used to own the perfect, old camera but thought I needed something newer and better so I sold it. Wishing I had it now! Can't afford one just like it now.
~Adrienne~

La Tea Dah said...

How interesting. I like the idea of combining the Brownie with the new digital technology.

I am interested in hearing of your future adventures with the little Brownie.

Brenda Pruitt said...

How fun! I never had a camera as a child. In fact I think was in my thirties when I picked my first Polaroid up at a garage sale. Now I can't imagine life without a camera!
Brenda

Kathy Walker said...

Ahhh, you are right. It is perspective!

koralee said...

Love this quote! How interesting is this...your image is lovely..off to check out that link...I am thinking I may have one of these hanging around...my dad gave my daughter one once...off to see if I can find it. xoxoxo Hugs.

Caroline said...

it's always nice to look at life through different eyes sometimes. Lovely photo!!!

Angela McRae said...

What a fantastic and FUN idea, and your photo is just terrific! I will be looking for a Brownie camera now!

elaine said...

I do TTV photography quite a bit... and love it.
Am sure you will be as addicted as I am with it, soon enough :)

Jeanie said...

How fun! Isn't it exciting to discover something new? Very nice -- especially for an early effort!