Friday, June 10, 2011

Farewell Thailand

The last day in Thailand we hired a driver, Marty, to drive us to some of the sights outside of Chiang Mai.
Beside visiting the Hill Tribes, we also climbed through a cave with Buddhas around each turn.
There was some very old monuments in the area of the caves.
Then nearby was a gathering place for meditation.
There were 500 steps to the top of the mountain through tropical forest.
Since again it was a very hot day I climbed 250 steps and let my husband, Jim, and
our driver, Marty, make the rest of the way while I sat and enjoyed the quietness.
For lunch we spent a couple hours of pure bliss at The Nest.
It was a lovely resort.  If we were to ever travel back to Thailand
I would definitely plan some time here.  The food was amazing and the surroundings just beautiful.
Since it is Friday and I usually write about tea on Fridays, I am bidding
farewell to Thailand with this amazing glass of Thai Iced Tea served to me at The Nest.

I don't think I have ever had such a refreshing glass of iced tea.
I haven't quite figured out the recipe, but I do know
it was freshly brewed tea, sugar syrup, and freshly squeezed lime juice, plus lots of ice.

Next week we will be traveling to Taiwan where there was tea everywhere we went.

15 comments:

Britt-Arnhild said...

Lovely photos from a lovely trip :-)

La Tea Dah said...

I have SO enjoyed my armchair tour of Thailand. Thank you! And now, I shall anticipate the next phase of your holiday. Thank you for sharing with us! I'm enjoying YOUR trip!

Time Traveling in Costume said...

I waited to read about the entire trip to Thailand all at one time. So interesting, and how lucky you are to be able to travel there.
I hope you get a chance to try the Thai restaurant in Pt Townsend next time you go there. We'll be up that way in Aug hopefully.
Val

Rosemary said...

Have thoroughly enjoyed visiting Thailand with you... from the comfort of my air conditioned kitchen! That iced tea does indeed look absolutely refreshing! Thanks so much for sharing Marilyn - the beautiful faces, the gorgeous scenery, the entertaining elephants... looks like a great visit.

Dutchbaby said...

What a fantastic exotic voyage, Marilyn. I've read through all your posts from this trip. You've shared some wonderful stories and photos here. It looks like you had the time of your life.

Unknown said...

Spectacular! How lucky you are to have been able to visit such a beautiful far away place.

Laurie said...

I've been catching up on your blog Marilyn, what an amazing, beautiful journey you have been on. I look forward to more of your awesome pictures and stories!

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous photographs my lovely friend
I love you
Jeanne♥

Sheila said...

This was a fantastic trip. Thanks for sharing it with me, your photos are excellent. What wonderful memories you have made.

GardenOfDaisies said...

OOH, Lime in tea sounds wonderful! I usually used lemons, but this would be a neat twist on the citrus. I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip. And it sounds like they loved you there too.
Be sure to stop by my blog. I'm having a little giveaway.

Tracy said...

I just love how tea is so knitted into the culture of the East. That iced tea is looking so good! Seeing all these wonderful photo has me feeling like I've been on a mini vacation too--relaxing, awe-inspiring & educational! :o) Happy Week, Marilyn ((HUGS))

Steph said...

Marilyn - I'll dream now of visiting the Nest!

Angela McRae said...

I'll bet this iced tea was extra refreshing after all that walking! Beautiful scenery ... and how lovely to have time to pause and just BE for a change!

Jeanie said...

Oh, Marilyn! It looks like Shangrila! That's a lot of steps -- I would have stopped when you did!

Mary said...

Well now I'm truly anxious to get there - but perhaps should start practicing climbing lots of steps! The countryside looks awesome and, altho' I'm not an iced tea lover, just hot, I think I'll certainly enjoy a glass at the top of the hill!

Fabulous - so glad you had a great time in Thailand.
Hugs - Mary