Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hummingbird B&B


Welcome to Hummingbird B and B
It actually is much more than just a B and B.
Located in Southern Oregon, in the countryside outside of Jacksonville.
It is the home of Leslie Lee and Dennis Meiners, two amazing artists.
They built this home from straw-bales and their artist studio from adobe.
Dennis was gracious when we stopped by and gave us a tour of their beautiful home and studio.
It is for sale now and would be the perfect retreat for someone special.
www.HummingbirdSouthernOregon.com 

Tomorrow I will share some of the beautiful teapot pottery created by Dennis.
In the meantime, I was fascinated with the piece of artwork I saw in their bedroom.
At first I saw the back of the child, but on closer look saw the face inside the mother's face.
I wonder what the artist was thinking when he created this piece?

5 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

What a beautiful home! It reminds me so much of an Arizona ranch house. I think a straw home would be so comfortable --- all year around. The front porch speaks so much of serenity!

Now that mother's face --- interesting. What was the artist thinking? Does the baby have the same face inside as well?

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

I love your new header photo, Marilyn. What a beautiful shot.

Adrienne said...

What a wonderful retreat for someone! Wouldn't it be fun to have something like this for your *vacation* home? Dream on, my heart!
~Adrienne~

koralee said...

It looks lovely my friend...just what I need after a crazy busy California/Disneyland trip...some rest! xoxo

somepinkflowers said...

aaahhhh...
just popped in
to Delight My Heart!


and i did--
what a loverly new banner, missy!

:-)

gonna follow your link
now

for a mini-retreat
because i am so
deserving,

i must say...