Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Tea Delights


Pea Sandwich (sorry picture is a bit blurry)

Radish and Goat Cheese Sandwich

Pineapple Upside Down Cakes

Dark Chocolate Dipped Strawberries and Pavlova Orange Flavored with Milk Chocolate

Spring Salad

Carrot Purses with Shrimp

Child's plate

Mushroom Quiche

Sausage Rolls

My challenge this year was feeding a young child with allergies
to wheat, eggs, dairy, almonds, and peanuts.
As you all know, afternoon tea involves alot of wheat, eggs, and dairy.
On the child's plate I made a rice flour pastry to wrap around the sausage,
a radish mouse instead of the sandwich, and gluten free bread for the pea sandwich.
I love a challenge; so this was quite fun to figure out.

We also enjoyed fresh scones from the oven with Devonshire Cream and a final
jar of Marmalady's Triple Sec Orange Marmalade.
Ending the tea was marionberry sorbet served in egg cups.
The two teas served were Tiekuanyin Oolong from Taiwan and Tulsi, a herbal tisane.

So there you have it my Easter Tea for 2012.

14 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Wonderful! Everything looks SO delightful and tasty! I'm glad the gluten-free options turned out well for you. It is very obvious that your put your heart and soul into this tea party! Great job --- it looks amazing! Lots of work, for sure!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful tea, Marilyn! Loved all the photos and clever ideas!

Annie Jeffries said...

Your photos show a smashing success, Marilyn. I was especially enchanted by the carrot purses. That is such a cute idea. Wherever did you find those small clothes pins?

Denise :) said...

Marilyn, what beautiful tea treats you created for your spread! I hope you all had a delightful time! I'd be interested in some of those recipes if you're inclined to share! :)

Zinnia said...

Wonderful Easter feast! I like that you do uppside down cakes into small molds. I shall try! Your meringue looks yummy out. I wish you continued great week! Zinnia

martha e said...

Everything looks and sounds delicious! Love the little radish mouse :*), the little mini carrot purses fastened with the mini clothespins....everything!
I'm sure your family and friends enjoyed this Easter Tea. Beautiful table and food.....
martha e

Linda said...

What a creative and tasty meal you prepared for your family and friends. It all looks exquisite!!!

Angela McRae said...

Wow, what a grand feast!

relevanttealeaf said...

Your Easter tea menu is superb, Marilyn! I always think peas and carrots should be part of an Easter menu, and you incorporated each of them into your menu so creatively. I know your guests appreciated all the planning and preparation that went into the tea.

Traveling Bells said...

You are sooo creative! And yes, this was a lot more work than a traditional meal. But fun!

Hugs...

Laurie said...

What a nice spread Marilyn, it all looks so appetizing! Love how you were able to incorporate gluten free for the little one.

Caroline said...

Oh wow!!! I am so impressed. That radish is adorable...and hand making pastry...I could never do that! Bravo!

samovar said...

so clever of you to come up with all these glutenfree solutions, i love especially the mousse!!

Bernideen said...

I live in a real baking world of seeing lots of work here. This is an incredible menu and well researched!