Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Comforts




Watching out the window with Joey first thing in the morning.
Breakfast:  me most often a teapot full of tea and toast cut in strips or quartered,
Joey loves his crunchies and a little raw meat.
Play time is tossing a favorite toy and having Joey return it to my hand.
Joey is comfort.

Smiles from one special little boy.
Ice Cream even in winter.
Sushi at my favorite local sushi restaurant.
A meal that warms my tummy.
A call from a good friend setting a time for lunch.
Tucking into crisp sheets with a good book at night.
Buds beginning to open, Spring is in the air.
A barefoot walk on the beach with the warmth of the sand
squishing through the toes and the sound of the waves.
Just being outdoors.
Taking pictures.
Laughing
Music that touches my soul.
Anticipation of an adventure.

What do you find gives you comfort?

7 comments:

Jeanie said...

You might (or might not) be surprised at this, but seeing Joey gives me comfort. Especially this photo, which reminds me of another orange boy, deeply loved.

Spring gives me comfort, and the time to read without guilt. Laughing. Rick's cooking. My cooking, too! The lake is comfort and sharing time with good friends. Oh, comfort! How joyful!

Jeanne said...

Put♥ this ♥ on ♥ anyone's ♥ blog ♥ who ♥ made ♥ you ♥ smile ♥ somewhere ♥ sometime ♥ in ♥ your ♥ life. ♥ It ♥ may ♥ surprise ♥ you ♥ but ♥ check ♥out ♥ how ♥ many ♥ come ♥ back. ♥ Thanks ♥ a lot ♥ for ♥ making ♥ me ♥ smile! ♥

Gail said...

HI - such a lovely uplifting post filled with life's simplest joys and blessings.
I find comfort on our couch under the little afghan my Mom made - she couldn't finish it because of arthritis in her hands - but it is perfect just as it is, comfort is hearing my husbands foot steps on the deck returning from work, music, listening to my husband sing and play guitar or piano, having pizza on a Wednesday with my daughter and grandson, tea with my sister, my son's daily phone calls with news of his life and genuine interest in mine, reading my Mom's poems and journal entries, oh I could go on and on, thanks for providing a forum to share comforts. Hallelujah
Love Gail
peace.....

Annie Jeffries said...

I totally relate to the ice cream even in winter. Don won't eat it during the winter. Good. Then I don't have to share. ;-)

relevanttealeaf said...

Comfort for me is experiencing God's love and His creation which encompasses so many things...family, friends, tea...the list goes on and on!

Mary said...

Goodness me, that Joey boy is even cute from the rear! Does he really play 'fetch'?

Comfort came today in bidding the painter 'au revoir' - just 3 days and he completed the bathroom makeover, and I love the paint I chose. Comfort tomorrow will include cleaning up, and preparing to add all the new bits and pieces. Then I hope to refresh the mirror with chalk paint and hopefully be inspired to paint some furniture pieces waiting in the wings!

We are about to get a long, warm, sunny spell - the garden will spring to life I'm sure - the comfort out there will entail a lot of hard work!

We made our hotel reservation today - another step closer to seeing you this Summer, yeah!!!!

Hugs - Mary

Jeanne said...

My sweet grandson in Seoul and all family and my faith and friends always bring me comfort and the thoughts of spring soon on the horizon and every beautiful post from you..

Love Jeanne♥