Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sending Valentine's, Looking for Monsters


Right before Valentine's I stepped into the post office.
There before me were about 20 pre-school children waiting to mail their Valentine's.
It was a delight to see each one step up on the steps and order one stamp.
One by one they went to the counter.
The postal worker would ask them what they wanted
and they would say "a stamp".
One little boy when asked what he wanted,
stated "a monster".
It just made my day.
A smile was on my face and in my heart all day long.
He knew exactly what he wanted and it wasn't a stamp.
What do you want today?

Photo taken of part of the group, just not that particular monster loving boy.

5 comments:

Rosemary said...

Wonder what he would do with a monster?

beth said...

i loved this story….xo

GardenOfDaisies said...

I want a monster too!! Stamps are soooo yesterday! :-)

Jeanie said...

How adorable!

Angela McRae said...

Since it's late in the evening and I'm about to go to bed, I can most assuredly say I do *not* want to see a monster! (But I love that the little boy did!)