Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Cars

 A pink Thunderbird touched my heart with memories.
Many years ago a friends brother saw me waiting for a bus to head home after work.
He pulled over in a pink Thunderbird, one just like this, and said, how often do you
get a chance to ride in a pink Thunderbird?
Well my one time was then and I never forgot it.
Isn't it sweet?
Happening upon a parade of fascinating cars this one did make my heart sing.
"It's never to late to have a happy childhood"
The words on the dashboard of this green delight.
An unexpected parade of cars just made me smile, flames and all.
 More flames!
Oh I could just imagine driving this soft yellow sweetness.
Couldn't you?
Do you like to drive down the road with the wind blowing
through your hair?
Do you crank up the music a tad too load
and sing along to your hearts content? 
Does the adrenalin say go a little faster?
Or is it just me?

4 comments:

Steph said...

Awesome! Love the old cars.

Laurie said...

I have to say Marilyn, the last one is my favorite! I could so see me going down the road in that! We had classic car week-end here last week, and it was fun seeing all the different cars rolling down the streets.

Jeanie said...

These are such fun. You know, I have no particular fascination for cars these days -- perfectly happy in my beat-up 2001 Toyota Corolla and hope to drive it till it drops.

But I see these and my heart sings!

Laura Morrigan said...

I am not usually a pink person, but that car is a DREAM!