Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Tea Time in Bed

 No special afternoon teas right now,
but tea time in bed or just the idea of tea time in bed
does capture my thinking.
 Do you ever have tea time in the early morning hour in bed?
 What tea would you put in the teapot and sip with delight?

My final find at The Farm Chicks show was the cotton
crochet tablecloth. There were mounds of quilts, tablecloths,
and all sorts of linens and fabric things and you just had to dive in.
I was not going to do it, but it looked so fun I couldn't resist looking a bit.
And before you knew it I had a purpose.
I was going to find a crochet tablecloth,
but something that would fit on top of my bed.
I am in love with what I found.
Do you see it on my bed?
It was a bit dingy and stained, but I tossed it into
a delicate wash then spread it out on my lawn to dry.
I am a happy girl with this find.
So just the beauty of my bed beckons me this morning.
A good cup of tea tucked up in bed would be a delight.

Linking to Bernideen at http://blog.bernideens.com/

11 comments:

wisps of words said...

-happy sigh- Who wouldn't want to just pop right into your pictures???? So lovely. So old fashioned lovely to me. And that is the highest of compliments. :-)

The Victorian Girl said...

The crochet tablecloth looks beautiful on your bed. And I love the silhouette collection, I have a small collection of silhouettes with tea themes.

Linda d said...

Simply lovely and so inviting.

Lorrie said...

What a beautiful use for a crocheted table cloth. I have a co-worker whose husband brings her tea in bed every morning. Doesn't that sound lovely? I drink tea for breakfast and really enjoy the Yorkshire black tea.

Bernideen said...

That is a lovely crochet piece and it looks amazing on the bed. The tray looks so inviting and relaxing. Thanks for sharing.

Louca por porcelana said...

Amazing tea time!The crocheted cloth is just stunning,I loooove it,perfect as a bed cover!When I was a teenager,sometimes my father served our breakfast in bed at weekends,it was so good!Happy remembrances!Hugs!

Margie said...

What a pretty crochet! I'm also loving your lovely white tray and tea setting. I drink tea all the time, but have never served it in bed.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

So beautiful, Marilyn! My husband makes my first cup of tea each morning, but I don't have it in bed, I enjoy it at my desk. Love the bonsai trees. It is an art that so easily could become an obsession!

Pam said...

Tea or not...that bed looks so inviting. The crocheted cover over the top is beautiful. I have a long crochet table clothe that might just fit over the bed. Neat. Thank you for sharing.

Mary said...

What a lovely cloth and using it this way you can see it daily - great idea Marilyn!

Jeanie said...

I love it and it looks gorgeous.

And I would never drink tea in bed because if I did, I would be sleeping in tea in bed!