Tuesday, July 17, 2018

An Adventure to Dordogne, France

This month I am participating in Paris/France in July.
   These are fond memories of past travels to a country I adore.
For some reason this wall with flowers speaks to me of traveling the back
roads of France. As we passed a farm house nearby I saw this stunning wall and fell in love with France all over again.
Following the GPS sometimes led us down country roads/paths
and into out of the way places, including a barn yard.
This day we had a destination along the Dordogne River.
Finally we arrived.
It took my breathe away.
Do you see the village along the river?
Our room looked out on that river.
Thanks, Rick Steves, for this recommendation.
I would return there in a heart beat.
He also recommended the restaurant in the hotel.
We were not disappointed.
It was amazing!
Even to the traditional morning breakfast.
It was amazing to be able to sit here and savor the evenings.
Isn't this just amazing?
I see I have used "amazing" several times, but truly it was!
So picture perfect and perfect for a walk or a boat ride.
When we would walk past this window an elderly woman would be 
watching behind those curtains. I never could catch her with my camera.
Sunset over the river.
We meandered through this valley.
It is a memory I will never forget.
I would highly recommend visiting here if given the chance to travel.
Within a day you could travel along the river to other beautiful villages,
Sarlot's street marketplace was a delight, then caves to visit,
and finally castles and Josephine Baker's home too.
So much to see of beauty all around.

3 comments:

wisps of words said...

Beautiful memories...

Jeanie said...

This is a part of France with which I"m not terribly familiar so I'm very glad you posted it. It looks lovely -- and a perfect holiday and memory.

Linda d said...

Stunning. Makes me wish I had another two weeks to add to my September trip.