She danced! Dreaming of Dance
If you have followed me for awhile you will know I visit my favorite antique mall 4 times a year for their seasonal events. It is sort of my kick off for a new season. The celebration just makes my heart happy. I don't need to buy anything, but snap a few pictures and savor the changing of the season by surrounding myself with beauty and pretty things.
Each time I go I notice if there is a theme that is showing up that I have missed. It seemed this time it was just about decorating ourselves.
We can decorate ourselves with baubles and beads or maybe a pretty hat or piece of lace. It doesn't take much at all. We can even just pick a flower when out and about and tuck it behind our ear.
There is a song that says, It's a Hard Luck Life. Everyone has times that are part of that hard luck life, but it is how we choose to live it that counts. It counts that we decorate ourselves and dance. Another song is I Keep on Dancing on my Own. That is exactly what I do for myself and what I tell others to do too. Let's all keep dancing, decorating our world, and we will certainly find JOY through all the tough times.
And then I found this smile.
He made me smile back.
Yes, I know, I just got back from traveling to Alaska, but an opportunity came along last week and I said "yes!". I leave Sunday for 10 days, traveling to Provence (the south of France). My "live-in gardener" is staying home and I am flying off to meet others and play awhile. There may be a little shopping too. I might even dance in the street. France has always had my heart and I needed one more adventure there.
I will see you in a couple weeks for pictures.
Sending love,
Marilyn








1 comment:
I was in France last week and spent 4 days in Provence. It was fabulous! I loved the small towns and their boutiques. Found some great clothes there. If you get a chance, go to the Market in Lourmarin. Very nice items and cheap! Safe travels and have fun!!
Post a Comment