Saturday, October 10, 2026

Day Six - French Adventure


Breakfast each morning was sitting at this table.
The jars held granola and toasty nuts for our yogurt.
So very special to sit at her table.
Then a few more sights in her home.


Could I have carried an angel like this home on the airplane? Smiling!!


 
And off we went to Marseille.


A flea market near the sea in Marseille.
By now I was shopped out. There were some temptations, but I just looked.


My picture doesn't do the striped dress justice, but I was tempted to buy it for a friend that sells vintage clothing. It was quite beautiful.


This might sound silly, but I had been dreaming for months of once more having a nibble or two in a French patisserie and here it was. Oh the delights to the eyes!!! And then to the tummy!





Our group sharing this time together. What a special group of women.


And lunch was a French baguette, which was a dream come true with butter, thin slices of ham (jambon) and cheese. Why, oh why can't we get a baguette such as this in the US? Then a cream layered dessert just to top off the visit to the patisserie. I chose the most typical treats that represented France to me. They will always sit in my memory as delights to my heart.


Well after lunch comes dinner. This was a lasagna noodle with pesto, peas, and a creamy cheese. Now I am not a huge pea fan, but the way Corey cooked them and served them with the creamy cheese just made them delicious. Thanks, Corey, for the most gorgeous, amazing meals.


Tomorrow is the final day of my French adventure. In a future post I will share pictures of a few of my purchases.

Sending love,
Marilyn



No comments: