Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Is this the face of a Stranger?


I was sitting in a restaurant waiting for my food when a
little girl sitting in the next booth turned and looked at me.
She said, "Are you a stranger?".
I asked her if she knew me and she said, "no".
I said I must then be a stranger.
Her mama had told her not to talk to strangers, but
she wanted to talk to me. She was trying so hard
to figure out what a stranger looked like.

I have thought many times since then, how do we
teach our children to be safe, but still be able
to talk to strangers? I had gotten so I didn't
talk to strangers either and it narrowed my world.
Many of you I have not met, does that mean you
are a stranger to me? There are many people out there
that I want to know. Blogging has helped me to meet some
beautiful people and has opened my world. I find I am also
talking to people more at the market or when I am out and about.
For the most part I am finding people want to interact.
So how do we know who the stranger is?
And how do we teach our children to know, but still
be open to the people that have beautiful hearts?