Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Friendship Reflections over Tea


Reflections in my cup of tea last week with a friend.

"There are volumes to speak of the friends who have
chosen me. For is that not what our friends do? Is it not
that choosing that makes friendship the divine gift that
it is? And there is no pantheon among these chums who make
our journeys with us. I have heard friends described as pillars
on a porch, always needed, but also silently standing by,
supporting our lives with understanding. Oh, my dear
friends, how often I have felt unworthy of you all.
But thank goodness you looked beyond my bluster
and foibles to make my journey so much more beautiful.
What a pure thing friendship is."

This paragraph was taken from Jenny Walton's Packing
for a Woman's Journey by Nancy Lindemeyer.
I thoroughly enjoyed the description of a friendship.
Thanks for being my friends.

7 comments:

Jeanne said...

beautiful
Tea and friendship=Slice of Heaven

Love and hugs
Jeanne

Rabbit Rabbit♥

Unknown said...

That is a really beautiful photo - good work!

I've been thinking a lot on friendship this week. I was feeling sorry for myself that I don't have many close female friends. But then I listed the six I consider to be the most special to me, and realized just how lucky I am to have so many that are so significant! Thank you for being one of them!

parTea lady said...

That is a great photo. I like the thoughts on friendship too. It is a privilege to be counted a friend.

christina said...

This is a stunning photograph. And such true words on friendship.
How beautiful it is here.
xo

Gayle said...

Oh, what a sweet post, I love it friend!

Annie Jeffries said...

So heart-warming. Friendship is the cherry atop the whipped cream of life.

Mary said...

".........friends who have chosen me". What a beautiful thought. Thank you for sharing this Marilyn, it's lovely.