Monday, September 7, 2009

Monday Linen Days

Vintage pillowcases are a luxury I use everyday, but
sometimes they wear out. So when they wear out, I make
small pillowcases with the embroidery. They are pockets
to wrap a special gift in.

Here are some of my pillowcases. The one with the yellow
flower is my favorite, but it is beginning to wear out.
Have you thought of this? When you make the bed, do
the ends of the pillowcase over lap to the next or are they
facing away from each other? Are they communicating or
ignoring each other? Maybe it is just me, but I always
think that when I place the pretty pillowcases with
the pillows inside on my bed.

Next week is the last day for Monday Linen Days.
Please make sure to visit, as there will be a give away.
I still am not sure what it will be, but it will come
from my linens. I will be out of town; so my post will
be later in the day on Monday.

13 comments:

Celeste Maia said...

Gorgeous linens, how wonderful to sleep in a bed made with them.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to use worn out pillowcases! And how lucky to be the reipient of a gift wrapped in it!
I love to use beautiful old things....pillow cases are a favorite of mine to find at thrift stores :)

parTea lady said...

Your vintage pillowcases are lovely. What a great idea to make special gift wrap with them when they start to wear out.

Linda Jennings said...

Interesting question... I make my bed so that the closed ends of the pillowcases are in the center of the bed. Hmmm... wonder what Martha Stewart would say is proper?

SE'LAH... said...

pretty linen. the days when women embroidered by hand. aaah...

Mary said...

I always start the night with the open ends facing away from each other to the sides of the bed. The way we seem to toss and turn lately one never knows what to expect in the morning - sometimes it appears a 'pillow fight' took place!!!!!

Lovely linens and a great idea for making use of the worn ones.
I LOVE ironing pillow cases - those and linen napkins are my favorites!!

Samosas for One said...

I returned from my trip to find a little envelope marked Fragile sitting in my mailbox. When I opened it I came upon a nice card and a beautiful necklace. Your
"gift of jewels" made me happy. I'm wearing your necklace as I type this. I love it. Thank you!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful
I love your postings
I love you
Jeanne♥

Belinda said...

Love the cut down pocket pillow idea!

As to laying the pillows-They face out so all the detail show

Angela McRae said...

These are so pretty, and I am going to miss your "Linen Days" posts when they wind up!

La Tea Dah said...

My pillowcases are always vintage, always white, and always with embroidery. And, they always face away from one another so the pretty edges are at the edges of the bed. That pleases my sense of balance.

Lovely post!

Diane said...

Hi, I just came over from Lauries, Funny you should mention about the pillows facing each other or ignoring each other. When I put my lacy pillowcases back on the bed I do think things like that. I usually put the plain parts together and leave the lacy ends out so they'll show better. Fun thought.

Annie Jeffries said...

Seeing your linens for so many weeks has inspired me to take up embroidery again. I start my first project in over 25 year tomorrow.

Pillow placement - Hmmmm, had not thought about it but for me, they are facing apart. Just feels tidier since the open ends aren't bumping into each other.