Wednesday, February 2, 2011

French Crepes


Yes, these are definitely French Crepes.
Why do you ask?
Some years ago we had a French student, Stephane, stay with us for awhile.
He was only 13 years old, but he definitely knew how to make crepes.
I hadn't made them in a long time, but decided to make them recently.
Oh, are they good.  I had forgotten.
It won't be so long the next time.
We filled them with some berries and cream cheese,
with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
My son put bacon and cheese in his.
Also love fresh squeezed lemon with a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
I think almost anything would be good inside.

Here is Stephane's recipe:
French Crepes

6 eggs
3 tablespoons cooking oil
Almost 1 2/3 cup of flour
Scant teaspoon of salt
2 cups milk
1 cup water

Mix and let rest awhile.
Then cook in crepe pan or rounded side skillet.

Enjoy!

11 comments:

Gigi Thibodeau said...

I love crepes! It's been a while since I made them, too. My 9-year-old nephew is coming to visit this weekend, and I think I'll make some for him the first morning he's here. Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!

xo Gigi

Jeanne said...

They sound fabulous
Much love and many blessings
Love Jeanne

Jeanne said...

The French Martini.
Ingredients:
- 1 oz. Vodka
- 1 oz. Chambord
- 1 oz. Pineapple Juice
...- 2 oz. Red Cranberry Cocktail
- Fresh Raspberries
Add the ingredients (except raspberries) to a martini shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously. Fill a martini glass with fresh ice and strain the contents of the shaker into the glass. Garnish with a few ripe raspberries. Voila!
French Martini to have with your crepes

Travel France Online said...

French crepe is a traditional dish for Mardi Gras in France.
I can't wait for march 8th this year.
Here is another French recipe for the crepes:
250 g flour
1/2L milk
3 eggs
1 tsp of oil
A pinch of salt
Mix flour, salt, oil and 2/3 of milk
Add the eggs 1 by 1 then the rest of the milk
Beat until smooth
Let to rest for 1 hour
Bon Appetit!

Steph said...

I might have to make them again this weekend! ;-)

Jeanie said...

Haven't made crepes in years! Julia said the first one is always a throwaway. Did you get your first one out in one piece?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE crepes! Thank you for sharing Stephane's recipe--I am going to write it down right away. Yum:)
Blessings,
Aimee

La Tea Dah said...

One of my favorite foods! Our recipe for them has been handed down in the family from my father's sisters. Now that we have to eat gluten-free, the recipe has been converted to use cornstarch instead of wheat, and they are just as good or better.

Thanks for sharing your recipe and memories.

LaTeaDah

christina said...

i haven't made these in forever. these look yum!
xo

Angela McRae said...

Oh, you're making me hunnnngryyyyyyy ...

Relyn Lawson said...

YUM! My sister-in-law makes to die for crepes for me every time we go home to Oregon. I can just taste them now.