Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Granola


In the past year three blogging friends have given
me homemade granola.  I have become addicted to these wonderful
mixtures of yumminess.  Last year I started making our yogurt
and the granola was a wonderful addition.
Since I didn't think bloggers would continue supplying me with granola,
it was time to make it myself.
There is a cherry tree in our yard and I had dried cherries from the tree.
Granola would be a perfect way to use the cherries too.
Recently I found a recipe that included dried cherries at Tartelette
and I knew it was time to give it a try.  It was so easy.
Now why have I not made granola before?
Now beside this recipe, I will be trying other combination's too.

You can find the recipe here:  http://www.tarteletteblog.com/2011/01/recipe-pecan-coconut-cherry-granola-and.html

Enjoy!  I certainly am.

11 comments:

Kathy Walker said...

I have never made my own granola either. It does look totally easy and the recipe has everything that I like...the coconuts and cherries make me smile!

tea time and roses said...

Hello Marilyn,

Your granola looks yummy! I have never made my own and as much as I love it I should!:o) A cherry tree in the yard, oh how wish we were neighbors.:o)

Continue to enjoy a lovely week.

Smiles♥

Beverly

Caroline said...

I love homemade granola. i have a recipe that I just love...I will dig it up and email it to you!!!

koralee said...

Yum....off to find out how to make this perfect treat..thanks for the link xoxo

Tracy said...

Ooo...YUM! Nothing like homemade granola! This looks like a great recipe... Thanks for sharing, Marilyn! :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Dutchbaby said...

Mmmm, love homemade granola with yogurt and fresh berries. This one looks like a great recipe with the coconut and dried cherries.

Angela McRae said...

That looks yummy! I have never made granola but I really *must* give it a try!

La Tea Dah said...

Granola is a great way to share love! As a vegetarian teen in the 60's, granola was something we made in huge batches! It was hard and very crunchy! Over time I learned what I think is the secret of good granola: use more seeds than nuts. So good. Now days I make granola in a skillet. It's probably a lazy way, but I like how it turns out.

I love your new header!

Mary said...

I need to start making my own again too - that way there's less of the bad things such as sugar and fat!

Jeanie said...

Thanks for this -- I've toyed with making homemade granola for a rather long while. Seems like it would be so delicious! I'll check this one out -- I think I have everything but the coconut in my pantry! It might be a wonderful weekend thing!

parTea lady said...

I really like granola and eat it every night (loaded with fresh fruit) as my snack. Cascadian Farm organic fruit and nut granola is very good - of course, you can't beat homemade.