Friday, February 18, 2011

To Think of Tea!


A blogging friend, Annie, recently surprised me with a book in the mail.
The title is To Think of Tea! by Agnes Repplier.
It was printed in 1932 and has wonderful stories about tea in England.
I am thoroughly enjoying it.

A quote from the book:

Venus her myrtle has, Phoebus his boys;
Tea both excels which she vouchsafes to praise.
The best of Queens and best of herbs we owe
To that proud nation which the way did show
To the fair region where the sun does rise;
Whose rich productions we so justly prize.
The Muse's friend, Tea, does our fancy aid,
Repress those vapours which the head invade,
And keep that palace of the soul serene,
Fit on her birthday to salute the Queen.


7 comments:

Jeanne said...

How wonderful indeed
Much love
Have a fabulous Friday
Weekend Weekend
Cha Cha Cha♥

Steph said...

Oh, this is a wonderful gift!
Is that a current photo...where do I need to go to see those flowers? ;-)

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

Such a thoughtful gift! I love anything that relates to tea...to find it in the mail, what a fun surprise! LOVE the picture too...I want to play with the teacups/saucers and all the other pretties! Donna

Jeanie said...

I love your new banner! So springy!

Isn't Annie thoughtful? What a perfect gift!

Relyn Lawson said...

What a thoughtful gift. That's perfect.

koralee said...

Oh how fun....and what a treasure..enjoy my sweet tea friend...xoxo

Angela McRae said...

I have read this book and it is just delightful! I think Agnes would have qualified for your "Strong Woman" series!