Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year - Welcome 2013

 
 
 
from Wikipedia:
In philosophy the persimmon exemplifies the progression from youth to age as a symbol of the progression from bitterness to sweetness. The persimmon when young is bitter and inedible, but as it ages it becomes sweet and beneficial to humankind. Thus, as we age, we overcome rigidity and prejudice and attain compassion and sweetness.

May we all grow in 2013 in sweetness and SHINE in the winter days of darkness.
HAPPY NEW YEAR, dear friends!
May your 2013 be blessed.

7 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

Happy New Year!

I love the word picture you have created --- "shine" in the winter days of darkness. And to be done with "joy" and "passion" makes the "shine" pass through the darkness with even greater intensity.

What a beautiful tree --- and beautifully photographed.

Gail said...

HI MARILYN - oh my, what a wonderful post - elegant and true - wise and purposeful. "Thank you" for sharing this - I love it. Happy New Year to you and yours
Love Gail
peace....

Anonymous said...

I love that! Thank you for posting such an interesting thing about persimmons! Happy New Year!

somepinkflowers said...

{{ here is hoping
i am getting sweeter as i age !!

:-)

happy new year, my friend !!

♥ }}

Laurie said...

I love your word Shine, Marilyn, love your post. I guess I need to wait for a persimmon to age to really appreciate it! I love the comparison you've made though, a beautiful lesson to start the new year. Bless You!

Joy said...

Love the pictures, those persimmons are like ornaments on the tree! And I am getting sweeter and sweeter...a nice way to think about getting older. Happy New Year!

Jeanie said...

What alovely color, those persimmons! Yes, shine IS a lovely word. Here's to 2012! Welcome!