Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Winter Garden

 
This week I took a walk around my garden.
It amazes me to see flowers there.
There are roses and primroses too.
The tea plants sit in repose waiting for Spring.
The vegetable garden along our drive is planted with clover.
Sitting just to the north of the vegetable garden is a row of camellias.
Many buds are appearing on the camellias and it will be a lovely
sight in about another month.
Though I am not showing it in the photo,
there are buds on the daphne too.
The grape hyacinths is appearing with leaves coming from the ground.
Once the twinkling lights of the holidays pass,
I get a quiet JOY just walking in the garden
watching and waiting for beauty to make an appearance.
I know I am early there, but what surprises can be found in your garden today?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

My garden is presently covered with about a foot of leaves from Autumn. Not good.

Steph said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! We've had a mild winter, it's amazing what's in bloom!

Adrienne said...

While sitting in my hot tub yesterday I looked up into the little tree nearby and saw the sweetest remnants of the flowers that appear in the fall. A few of the protected remains have the prettiest berries and petals. Now, it I can figure out how to get up there to get a photo to share - without breaking a bone - I'll capture it to hold in my memory book for years to come! Loved seeing your sweet garden. I could visualize the winter beauty of your dear place.
~Adrienne~

Bernideen said...

I have S N O W but we need alot more!
Your garden looks amazing!

S. Etole said...

There is a small layer of snow covering mine. The birds are using the dead sunflowers as a perch on their way to the bird feeder.

Shane Pollard said...

A lovely look at your garden Marilyn. A time of anticipation waiting for your camellias to flower - which one is it?

When we arrived home from holiday I found my two hostas were flowering - very exciting - they began as little pieces from my cousins garden - I love having bits of family and friends in my garden! I'll try and photograph them in the morning!
xox
Shane

La Tea Dah said...

How amazing that you have so many flowers in bloom yet. I always find it interesting how your winter garden differs from mine.

Jeanne said...

It all began in a garden. How beautiful indeed.
Much love
Jeanne

GardenOfDaisies said...

Your roses are already so lovely! No surprises in our garden yet... its going to be a while.

Jeanie said...

I wish my garden looked like this in the winter. My seedums are interesting with snow caps, but the rest is pretty much under. This is beautiful.