Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Memories


Yesterday I had lunch with my 88 year old Aunt Arlene at the retirement home where she lives. These are her hands, they remind me of my mother's hands. We sat with a couple and I enjoyed listening to them chat about trips they had taken in the past. They are not able to travel now, but said how important it was that they had created those memories in the past. It really struck me that it is important that we live life to the fullest, enjoy each moments, and create memories for a time when we can no longer get out and play. Please if you are reading this take this as a reminder to live life fully and laugh as much as possible.

1 comment:

La Tea Dah said...

Beautiful hands. I recently visited my aunties and grandmother --- all three in different nursing homes. How special it was to be able to share time with them and not only talk about past memories but to make new ones as well.

LaTeaDah