Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tasha Tudor

Tasha Tudor passed away June 18, 2008. She was an award winning illustrator and children's book author, one of the best. I treasure the opportunity I had to meet her a few year's ago. I always wanted to be her and do the things she did, such as candle making, drinking tea, cooking, making puppets, weaving, caring for her pets and animals, and gardening. She was one of my favorites over the years and she will be missed.

Posted by her family on their Memorial website: The gloom of the world is but a shadow; behind it, yet, within our reach, is joy. Take Joy.
Fra Giovanni

Visit the Memorial website at: www.tashatudor.legacy.com/LMW/HomePage.aspx
Also visit: http://www.gracioushospitality.blogspot.com/ for a lovely tribute to Tasha Tudor

3 comments:

Terra said...

What a blessing that you met Tasha Tudor. Her books are so lovely, I would like to collect them.
She did everything so graciously and I will miss her gardening joy that she shared with the world.

La Tea Dah said...

Tasha will be very missed --- but her legacy will live on through her art and words. How special that you were able to meet her! It's a memory you will hold close to your heart forever.

LaTeaDah

Anonymous said...

Wow..you got to meet Tasha! Oh to have a garden like her! I did tributes last year too on my old blog at wordpress. It was fun!