Friday, August 1, 2008

Sing

Another word in my home is "sing". What does sing mean to me? On my jars of Marmalady's jam I say, "tea makes the heart sing". For me the words sing means something that makes me very happy, I feel like smiling or laughing in joy. Tea is one of those things that gives me a smile and a sense of peace. When I sing, I feel joy. When my children were growing up and I was feeling very happy I would sing "Happy Birthday" to them. They thought that was very silly because usually it wasn't even their birthday. A beautiful bouquet of flowers, a beautiful garden, the ocean, a colorful sunset all make my heart sing. What makes your heart sing?

1 comment:

Steph said...

What a lovely way to celebrate your children! :-) Gardens, flowers, tea, books, music, friends - they all make my heart sing.