Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Tea at Crown & Crumpet

The final afternoon tea on our tea road trip was enjoyed on Mother's Day. What a perfect finale to a perfect trip to have tea at Crown and Crumpet in San Francisco's Ghirardelli Square. On this special occasion they served champagne or the best sparkling tea with the afternoon delicacies.

The "English Tea Salon" was a happy place with lots of color and light.
It was full of moms and daughters, husbands and wives. There were the cutest little girls with their grandmothers. It was a place of joy on Mother's Day.

The sandwiches were Asparagus with Feta, Egg Salad, Salmon, and Cucumber.

Posted by Picasa
The scones were served with clotted cream and jam.
The sweets were Chocolate dipped Strawberries, Vanilla Cupcakes, Cream Tarts with Berries, and the Yellow Hats, which were a cookie with cake on top.
Each of the mothers was given a gift and there was a thank you envelope with a teabag enclosed.
As we lifted our cup to sip tea there was a quote underneath on the saucer - "Remember the tea kettle-it is always up to it's neck in hot water, yet it still sings!" It was truly a Celebration of a trip well enjoyed.

10 comments:

parTea lady said...

That does look like a wonderful tea room - so bright and cheerful. Their personalized china is so pretty and the food looks scrumptious. Thanks for sharing your terrific photos.

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh yum. Roadtrip! It's just 90 minutes from me. Yeah.

La Tea Dah said...

I love their china! Do they sell it? Wouldn't it be fun for a home tea? Looks like you had a great time. Wonderful bright colors!

LaTeaDah

Angela McRae said...

Oh, I have wanted to visit there ever since I heard of the place last year. Lucky you!

Rosemary said...

Sounds like a perfect Mother's Day spot for tea! Thanks for sharing Marilyn.
Nancy

paris parfait said...

How lovely! I adore Ghiradelli Square and that looks like such a cute place.

Joyce said...

Peaking at your lovely blog today and went back a few posts and enjoyed your trip from Vegas to CA. I use to live in CA and would enjoy Lovejoys tea room in San Francisco for a good tea also. Thanks for sharing your tea room and tour with me as I had fun this AM traveling along.
Joyce

Steph said...

What a way to celebrate!!! :-)

Relyn Lawson said...

I'm going to San Francisco this summer. I'll have to add this to my wish list. What a lovely time you've had.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, thank you for sharing these photos. I'm going to be in San Francisco in July and Crown & Crumpet was already on my Must Visit list!