Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Take a Peek

Welcome, come inside.

Take a peek in the dollhouse.
When Tasha Tudor had young children she created an intricate dollhouse.
The dollhouse I have is not as detailed, but I put it out for the tea to represent what Tasha Tudor once did.
We had Strawberry Shortcake dolls living here, where Tasha had dolls she made
to represent the mid 1800's.  Her dolls had quite a story, the couple that resided there
had a wedding that was included in an old Time Magazine issue.  There was intrigue,
where the wife later lived in the attic and the husband found another woman to live in the house.

This dollhouse was designed by myself and made by my husband for our daughter when she was 3 years old.
It was so much fun to bring it out again and decorate it for Christmas.
So enjoy the peek and dream of living in a miniature house for the holidays.
I will join you for a cup of tea in the kitchen.

13 comments:

Adrienne said...

I can't wait to see the dollhouse - and your wonderful home - later today. And join you for tea. Think I need a dollhouse!
~Adrienne~

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a sweet little house!! I love that you and your husband designed and built this yourselves! A real treasure. I still have the dollhouse that was mine when I was a little girl.

Cathy said...

I'm so looking forward to seeing your amazing doll house. What a keepsake.

Unknown said...

How funny seeing my childhood on the internet. That was the best Christmas gift I ever got, and it kept me entertained for years.

Relyn Lawson said...

This is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful and amazing. WOW!

koralee said...

Oh I ADORE this sweet little home!!! You are so so clever to have created this....someday I would love to make one...for a grandaughter...no grandaughter yet though.

xoxoxxoxoo Hugs

I will meet you in the kitchen sweet one. xoxoxoxoxo

Linda Dufour said...

What a magical house you created for little Jill! She was so lucky to have such creative parents. I hope you all have a very merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

how adorable!

SE'LAH... said...

what a cute house...my daughter so enjoys hers.

think i'll be having a tea party soon. ;) hope you are having the best of holiday seasons.

one love.

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

Love!! I have always wanted to do one of these with Miss Spenser...maybe with grandchildren??! So lovely! Thanks for sharing.

Donna

Jeanie said...

What a treasure! I adore it!

Deanna said...

Cute cute dollhouse!
Cup of tea would be great,
d

Angela McRae said...

What a lovely dollhouse, and I think I love its memories best -- a family affair in every way!

By the way, may I assume you also have signed up for the Tasha Tudor teacup giveaway? I'd sure love for one (or more!) of us tea friends to win!