Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas at Pittock Mansion

 
It had been many years since I had visited the inside of Pittock Mansion in Portland, Oregon.
There have been opportunities to have tea on the lawn, but not to walk inside.
Each year Pittock Mansion is decorated for a different theme.
The year was Christmas music.
As lovely live music played I wrapped myself in the peacefulness of this beautiful place.
I savored each tree as I walked through the mansion and
just enjoyed the day away from the craziness of the mall.
There were so many beautiful venues, it was difficult to know what to share.
The picture on the upper right was my favorite with birds and nature everywhere.

If you would like to visit Pittock Mansion and see more of the decorations, go to their website at
http://pittockmansion.org/events/celebrating-christmas-carols/

9 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

I've been scrolling through, once again, all of your happy Christmas posts. What a nice way to start me morning.

Adrienne said...

I so wanted to visit the Pittock Mansion again this year. Time - and a nasty virus - didn't allow that to happen. I think I'll just wander up there some day after the holidays and see it in it's 'everyday' finery. Thank you for sharing bits and pieces with us.
~Adrienne~

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

GORGEOUS --- thank you for sharing...I thoroughly enjoyed it!! Merry Christmas!! ~Donna

Laurie said...

So stunning Marilyn, it would be awesome to have a place like this here. I would have to take in every square inch.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Jeanne said...

Beautiful indeed.
Much love and many blessings
Love Jeanne

Cathy said...

I haven't been there at Christmas in years. It is as beautiful as I remember it. Happy New Year best wishes to you and your family, Marilyn. Looking forward to seeing you in 2013.

relevanttealeaf said...

How nice that you got to tour the Pittock Mansion in all it's Christmas finery. I like the tea time setting in the lower right corner. It's great that they allowed photography inside the mansion. Blessings in the New Year!

aimee said...

Quite a few years ago some friends and I went to Pittock Mansion for a special college event. We went during the Christmas season and I was amazed at how wonderfully each room of the mansion was decorated...it was an unforgettable experience with the music, food and lovely seasonal atmosphere!
Thank you so much for sharing your experience:)
Blessings,
Aimee

S. Etole said...

What enchanting views.