Monday, June 20, 2016

Notes from the Garden

Walking through the gardens was amazing, but finally we did hop the "land train"
to cover more ground.  We found many miles of beautiful gardens and we didn't
want to miss anything.
First stop was the Palm House full of rare plants I had never heard of.

Magnificent trees.
Fields of flowers.  Thankful to be there in the Spring.
The Treetop Walk.  It was amazing to walk in the tops of the trees.
Then onto the Japanese gardens.
Queen Charlotte's Cottage was tucked away in the trees
and a bit hard to find, but I was determined.
My heart always skips a beat when I see an apple tree in bloom.
A rhododendron garden too.
Kew Palace.
And children throughout the garden enjoying the sunshine
and all the garden had to offer.

Do you seek out gardens when traveling?
What is your favorite?
Kew Gardens is definitely one of my top favorites to see.

10 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

What a beautiful place! LOVE!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Wonderful gardens and I love the conservatory! The treetop walk looks amazing :0 I do seek out botanical gardens when I travel, too. An interesting and favorite is the desert botanical garden in Tucson, AZ. Thank you for showing us this beautiful place! x Karen

vintageandart said...

l've loved reading this post and the previous ones...what a trip of a lifetime you must be having and all the gorgeous gardens you've been able to visit. Kew gardens look amazing, and how fantastic to walk amongst the tree tops.

Lorrie said...

What a lovely,lovely garden to wander in. I like looking at gardens, too, but probably at architecture more. Best of all is a combination of the two.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Marilyn, we haven't seen Kew, but it's on my list of must-sees for next time, especially after seeing your lovely photos! We love Butchart Garddens in Victoria BC.

Rosemary said...

What a beautiful adventure! I believe the Treetop Walk would have been my favorite.

Angela McRae said...

How beautiful! I don't know what that reddish flower/plant is, but it almost looks like a handmade craft, it's so perfect! I do like to seek out gardens on my travels (not that I've traveled all that much). So far, I think my fave would be Queen Mary's Gardens at Regent's Park in London because of the 30,000 roses there!

Jeanie said...

This is really spectacular -- the conservatory is something to see. It would be hard to pick a favorite attraction or site from so many beautiful ones here!

Laura Morrigan said...

Wow wow wow!

Teresa said...

I feel as if I am there myself. Wonderful photos. Thank You!
Sips and Smiles,
Teresa