Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Imperfect in it's Beauty


The pot in which I brew my tea
Is dented and more than a bit tarnished,
But I still enjoy the tea.
The house I live in
Needs a coat of paint and several shingles,
But I sleep well at night.
The body I use to live my life
Is wrinkled and slowing down,
But I am alive and I rejoice.

I am not the body in which I live,
I am the life itself.

- Mark Otter

Image taken in my neighborhood of chipped plates.
They also were a bit broken,
but yet they delighted my heart. 
They were indeed imperfect in it's beauty.

4 comments:

Sylvia said...

Love the photo and the poem!

Jeanie said...

Great poem! And I love the broken plates -- I'll have to remember that one!

Laura Morrigan said...

The plates are a great idea! I like the poem!

Rosemary said...

So fun to have such a collection in the garden!