Monday, July 10, 2023

Word Magic

 In a past post I mentioned the book I was reading by Michelle Obama. A few evenings ago I read her chapter about friendship. The next morning I woke with the song in my head on friendship,"You've got a friend in me". I mentioned that to my "live-in gardener" and said as a young girl I often had songs pop in my head that related to something I was doing or thinking about. I asked him if he did that too and he said "no". When I would be outside playing I would sing these songs out loud.

 

"Daisy, daisy, give me your answer too."

So the word for today is SING.

definition: "make musical sounds with the voice, especially words with a set tune."

At first I thought I would write about the word SIMPLE today. When I thought of simple a song popped into my head of "Tis a gift to be simple". Right then I realized I do this often, I sing a song. I wondered if anyone else does this or is this something only I seem to do? 

"Red roses for a blue lady!"
 

"Lavender blue"
 

Do you love to sing?

What kinds of songs touch your heart?

"Sunrise, sunset"

OK, if you don't do this, maybe it is time to sing out loud.

It does wonders for the soul. Plus it makes me smile. Some days it just keeps me sane.
 Have a great week, dear friends!

Go out and sing! 

 PS: My son says I am showing my age by the songs I am sharing. The thought crossed my mind too. It is all in our own personal context that songs sing in our soul. Enjoy! 

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, I also do with with words and quotes, so I know what you mean. I just did a post today about names, and remembered the famous quote, "what's in a name," so used that on the post. I will have to check out "red roses for a blue lady." Sounds familiar. And those red roses are awesome. Have a blessed Summer week, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Mary said...

Those old songs really bring back memories. 'Daisy, Daisy' was one of my grandmother's favorites and we used to sing it together often when I was a child. I spent a lot of time with her while my mother worked.
'Lavender Blue' I've always loved singing - it pops to mind whenever I see lavender.
Can't say I sing out loud much anymore but I do love music and all it does for the soul. I love piano music lately - am finding it most comforting and wish so much I could play.

Judy from Sato said...


Thank you for giving me a smile and a chuckle (he said "No") reading your blog today. Have a nice day! :)