Monday, June 10, 2024

Words of Kindness and Joy

 When I began thinking of my post for today the line "Joy in the morning" came to mind. It is from the Bible and most references were spiritual. There are even songs about it.

 

May we bloom with the morning light.


Morning Joy by Claude McKay

At night the wide and level stretch of wold,
Which at high noon had basked in quiet gold,
Far as the eye could see was ghostly white;
Dark was the night save for the snow’s weird light.

I drew the shades far down, crept into bed;
Hearing the cold wind moaning overhead
Through the sad pines, my soul, catching its pain,
Went sorrowing with it across the plain.

At dawn, behold! the pall of night was gone,
Save where a few shrubs melancholy, lone,
Detained a fragile shadow. Golden-lipped
The laughing grasses heaven’s sweet wine sipped.

The sun rose smiling o’er the river’s breast,
And my soul, by his happy spirit blest,
Soared like a bird to greet him in the sky,
And drew out of his heart Eternity.

 

Sometimes life is a bit messy and doesn't taste very good.

All references seemed to talk about going through a rough time, like the dark night of the soul, and coming out with the morning light into JOY.

Most mornings you will find me padding around my garden in my robe and slippers. Finding something new in the garden, snapping a picture, and smelling a rose which brings me JOY in the first light of morning. It is what I look forward to when rising. 

We can bloom in the morning full in the light, a beautiful, velvety, glowing rose.
 

There are dark days in the world, some days that are almost overwhelming to me. I remind myself of this line "Joy in the morning", it is a life line that I hope happens in my life time. It is what I dream for my grandson. May that JOY come and we can soar like a bird into the morning light.

 
My morning light.

Sending love and light, Marilyn

4 comments:

Linda P said...

Thank you for the poem. The words were beautiful. I can imagine you in your garden early in a morning. I do the same by wandering around our garden. the photos are beautiful.

Jeanie said...

this is beautiful, Marilyn. And you are so right -- there can be very dark times but hopefully, we can find our joy. You picked wonderful photos to illustrate this. That definitely looks like morning joy!

Lorrie said...

Beautiful words, Marilyn. It's true that with the morning light, hope seems to surge. The darkest hours are often full of worry. Wandering around the garden in the early morning is a lovely thing to do. Thank you for this post.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a special post filled with your wonderful words, Marilyn. And that red rose made my heart happy this morning. That walkway looks so peaceful.

~Sheri