Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I Do Believe

I do BELIEVE, yes I do!
My word for 2011 is BELIEVE.
It hasn't always been an easy word.
I knew I believed in God, Fairies, and Whimsy,
but what I didn't realize is that it would teach me
that I BELIEVE in me.

Then this following quote came along from Women Who Create
and I felt this was just perfect to fit with my belief in myself.

"I would rather have a mind opened by wonder
than one closed by Belief."
by Anahata Joy Katkin

What I am learning by believing in myself is to still keep that touch of wonder,
whimsy, and make-believe.   To keep the childlike heart to discover
the little beauties of life.

Did you pick a word for 2011?
What are you learning from your word?
Are you planning to have a new word for 2012?

*pictures taken at Bella Flora, a place of whimsy and fairies.

10 comments:

In the Light of the Moon said...

I love your word and Believe it came to you...only when you were ready...and you are ready now.

I have always picked a quote for my year.I post that quote everywhere,in the office,fridge,car,wallet...so that i can read it over and over.

This year my quote is "let the beauty of what you love,be what you do"-Rumi

and I do,with that childish wonder you were talking about...I do.

Warmest Regards,Cat

Jeanne said...

My word for 2012 is blessed.

Love you
Always BELIEVE

Dutchbaby said...

Thank you for sharing your "Believe" story. I love the quote you discovered.

You may have inspired me to choose a word for 2012. Oh the pressure...

Unknown said...

Really a great quote. My word for last year was significant, and I don't think I lived up to it. I think I may have to use it again this year, and try to be more....significant.

Laurie said...

What a great idea Marilyn, I love your word. I didn't have one for 2011, but will come up for one for 12.

Marilyn said...

My word is always BELIEVE, but this year I added SIMPLIFY. That is what I've been trying to do inside my home...taking things that I don't need to the GW or SA for someone else to enjoy. AND, trying to be very picky about what I bring back home from the thrift shops! I think I'll keep both words for 2012.♥♫

Unknown said...

Funny. I've been thinking about my word today too. My word for 2011 was dance, mostly because I wanted to learn to dance and be more aware of my bodily health. I still can't dance, but I've said yes to way to many "dances". So I'm thinking about returning to my 2010 word: abstinence ;)
No, I haven't decided about my 2012.
Believe is a good word. Looking forward to hear about your 2012 word.

Jeanie said...

I never have done the word thing. I keep thinking I should but there are so many. I love "Believe." It's perfect, for there are so very many things in which to believe, but none is more important than yourself.

Angela McRae said...

I do *believe* I would enjoy Bella Flora! And I don't guess I've ever focused on a word for a whole year ... I think I'm too afraid to commit to just ONE!

Relyn Lawson said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous collage. WOW!