Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Golden Days before the Darkness

One thing you might not know about me,
I am a girl of sunshine.
Growing up in California
I lived outdoors.
Right now I am enjoying the glowing
golden leaves of Autumn,
but too soon the time will change,
the days will be shorter, and
we will not see many signs of the sun.
I start burning candles for some extra light
and I have thought of getting a light box.

How do you make it through the dark months?
What do you do to bring sunshine into your life
and keep a smile on your face?
I really want to make it through the winter more graciously,
so any tips would be appreciated.

Happy first day of November!
This photo was taken recently at the Lan Su Chinese Gardens.
Tea at these little tables always gives me a smile.

10 comments:

BrittArnhild said...

Wow, this is beautiful Marilyn. I would love a cup of tea there :-)

Laurie said...

I know what you mean Marilyn, we get the natural daylight bulbs that brighten the house more, without a higher electric bill. I keep busy with my projects, it just seems to make the day go faster. I do have to admit that I get cabin fever by January, so these help me out.

Colleen said...

What a lovely photo- I want to go there! The trees in color, the little tables and the ground- all the patterns and colors just capture my imagination. I think Iwill go prepare myself a cup of tea and sit in that garden for awhile. Thank you.

Steph said...

For whatever reason, it has been coming easier to me this Autumn. Like you, I am enjoying the golden light. I'm looking forward to a time of nestling in, snuggling up with a book, and resting more.

I've heard that folks have success with the light boxes.

The worst time for me has been May - when it's STILL cold and the midwest is getting warm sunshine. I plan a trip home then!

Please continue to share your progress and tips!

Angela McRae said...

I read lots of garden catalogs and dream of spring!

koralee said...

Happy November sweet friend..where oh where did October go????

Tracy said...

Oh, how supremely lovely is this image and moment, Marilyn! I love these days of gold. Winter is sneaking in upon us here in the far north--no snow yet, which is good though...LOL! Winter is a hard season here, and sometimes I have to really dig deep to keep the spirits up and flowing. I find music & movement uplifting. And I like to have a number of creative projects to keep the creative juices flowing too. ;o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Jeanne said...

Beautiful indeed

Celebrate you and surround yourself
with people that do.

http://jeannesblissblog.blogspot.com/

Adrienne said...

Lots of candles, good music, a warm fire and a good book! That makes long winter days much brighter for me.
~Adrienne~

Jeanie said...

I make it through the dark months with knitting needles, hot chocolate, and someone furry and orange. Don't underestimate the power of a warm, orange fluff ball to make you laugh and keep your lap toasty!