Monday, November 28, 2011

Thanksgiving Table

Really I don't mean to make you hungry, really I don't.
When I looked at the pictures it brought back fond memories.
I just couldn't help myself, I had to share.
The table was set with my grandfather's china full of daisies and violets.
The final dahlias from the garden were picked and tucked into low vases.
When the food looks like this how many flowers do you need?
The candles were nestled in popcorn kernels for a festive, golden look.
Pies were sitting nearby waiting their turn to shine,
but oh that turkey and the wonderful cranberry relish were stealing the show for sure.
Sharing good food and dear friends and family make this a very special holiday.

For those of you in the US that celebrate Thanksgiving,
I do hope it was shared with special loved ones
and your hearts were full of gratitude.

12 comments:

Linda Dufour said...

Your table arrangement is beautiful, Marilyn, and the pies look exactly like what I made for the family this Thanksgiving! I also love your idea of using corn to hold the candles!

Bernideen said...

How perfect your table is - and the food looks fabulous!

Steph said...

Ah, thank you for these photos! :-)

Steph said...

Ah, thank you for these photos! :-)

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

You set a beautiful (and delicious) Thanksgiving Day table!

Unknown said...

Beautiful table, actually I appreciate fine china, my wife makes me, collecting different old patterns is her hobby.
And the food....yes, I'm hungry now.

koralee said...

Just look at your feast..pure JOY. So much to be thankful for. We are truly blessed beyond words. Hugs

Jeanie said...

Honestly, my friend, this is stunning. Looks like it should be in a magazine. Love the popcorn idea. I'm remembering that one!

Rosemary said...

Beautiful table! Beautiful photography!

Tracy said...

Your table was sooo LOVELY, Marilyn! Love the mums... and not least those pies! ;o) mmm... The candle arrangement with dried corn is a great idea--very creative! Thank you for taking us into your home. Happy Week ((HUGS))

somepinkflowers said...

oh
my...
i think i fell
into the pecan pie!


:-)


well
what was left of it...........

Angela McRae said...

What a beautiful Thanksgiving collage! And I just adore that sunny orange and yellow dahlia!