Friday, November 25, 2011

Tea for Thanksgiving

For those of you that have followed me along for awhile,
you know that I traveled to Taiwan in May to visit tea farms.
Last week I was looking for some vases in the typical place
I keep my vases and I found this beautiful blue and white tin.
I had tucked it away and there it sat waiting to be discovered in the most unusual place.
It was decided this should be our Thanksgiving tea.
I was thankful for finding it again and the opportunity to share it with family and friends on this special day.

Inside the tin was a lovely Muzha Tiequanyin Oolong from Farmer Zheng.
It is not a floral oolong, which I have been drinking.
It has more body and a lovely after taste that is not at all bitter, just a lovely
slight sweetness.  It reminded me so much of the time we spent with
Farmer Zheng with his lovely smile and enthusiasm for raising
Tiequanyin in the traditional ways of his father and his grandfather.
If you would like to try some of Farmer Zheng Tiequanyin Oolong teas
you can find them at The Floating Leaves in Seattle or HERE online.
You won't find this lovely tin, but you will find the wonderful tea inside.

Having friends and family sitting around my Thanksgiving table and sharing a cup of tea was pure DELIGHT.
I hope you were each blessed this Thanksgiving with pure DELIGHT.

8 comments:

Adrienne said...

I'm sure your tea was wonderful! Such a nice way to celebrate and give thanks.
~Adrienne~

Unknown said...

We don't celebrate thanksgiving, but I sent thankful thoughts your way as I made some really tasty English scones from your beautiful book today.

Steph said...

This tea is wonderful!!

Unknown said...

Very nice. I'm glad you had a delightful Thanksgiving

Marion Williams-Bennett said...

this sounds like living gratitude

his lovely smile and enthusiasm for raising
Tiequanyin in the traditional ways of his father and his grandfather..

Hope it was a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Jeanne said...

Blessings and much love.
I love that video too.
Love you

Tracy said...

Sooo, sooo LOVELY, Marilyn! Hope you had a lovely holiday weekend. We're still basking in the Thanksgiving glow. :o) Happy new week, my friend ((HUGS))

Jeanie said...

Oh, Marilyn, what a delight to bring a "friend" from your travels to the table! A grand way for Thanksgiving. And the tin is beautiful -- perfect to keep forever!