Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Flowers in a Teacup

There are some teas that just make me feel like I am sipping a bouquet of flowers.
A few months ago I asked my friend, Shiuwen at Floating Leaves Teashop in Seattle
if she had something that was floral to drink.
She recommended Alishan Oolong tea.
Just the fragrance was intoxicating.
No added fragrance had been added to the tea,
only the naturalness of the process and growth added the sweetness of flowers.
The flavor definitely sings of flowers in my cup.
If you are new to tea, I do believe you would just love a floral tea such as this.
It has a lightness and natural sweetness that makes my heart sing.
www.floatingleaves.com is the place to find lovely floral oolongs.
Just email Shiuwen and ask what she has in a floral oolong.
If she doesn't have the Alishan Oolong, I am guessing she will have it in a few weeks.
She is shopping in Taiwan right now for just this kind of tea.
You definitely won't be disappointed, I know I have never been.
Enjoy a cup of flowers today.

7 comments:

La Tea Dah said...

The tea sounds delightful! And so is your photo! Beautifully composed.

Jeanie said...

Your posts always make me smile and calm down. That cup may be my favorite of all you've shown. Ever!

Angela McRae said...

I love a good floral tea on occasion as well--and you have illustrated this beautifully with this gorgeous photo. Perfect!

Laurie said...

Sounds so good to me, I've never had oolong, I do need to try it.

Rosemary said...

Beautiful photo! Personally, I love the fragrance of floral teas, but frequently find the floral flavor a bit strong for me.

Snap said...

Gorgeous teacup and I'd love a floral oolong!

Tracy said...

Sounds heavenly! I've not tried such a floral oolong before as this Alishan Oolong tea... BEAUTIFUL image today too, Marilyn! This lifted my afternoon. I have jasmine tea in my cup. :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))