Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Kindred Spirit Friendships

 
 



Kindred Spirit Friendships

Recently I had an email from a blog writer, Liz Lamoreaux.
You can find Liz, here.
She was talking about finding kindred spirit friendships.
It really struck a cord with me.
 It caused me to start thinking about what a kindred spirit friendship is
 and how you find a friendship such as this.
Liz said:  "I've found people willing to share their stories of the hard stuff,
of the grief, of the beauty, of the joy found in all of it."  
Is that what a kindred spirit is?
The more I thought, the more I found people sharing.
“When you encounter someone you were destined to meet the conversation will take flight as if it were on the wings of angels, complete strangers confiding in each other as if you were lifelong friends.” – Kevin Hall
"Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world." -Anne Shirley, "Anne of Green Gables" by L.M. Montgomery
Anïas Nin, the bohemian French author said, "Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
Wikipedia describes this as: Someone who shares similar thoughts, feelings, someone who is close in temperament and nature to yourself, to whom you have a rare spiritual link that is very special and you can’t quite explain.

From these quotes and thoughts found in my research it seems that a kindred spirit is someone
that thinks like me, just clicks upon meeting, has the same spiritual awareness, an invisible
bond, and someone that just gets me.
A true sister or brother of the heart.

Do you have a kindred spirit friend?
How did you find that special friend?
  Do you treasure the gift you have been giving?

A kindred spirit friend is a treasure more precious than jewels.

9 comments:

Angela McRae said...

Oh yes, I thoroughly appreciate my kindred spirit friends! My closest friends I met through church (which I suppose is appropriate since that bond is such an important one for me), and yet ... I have been blessed with a couple of other kindred spirit friends who are *nothing* like me! Our beliefs, temperaments, mindsets, politics ... as far apart as night and day, and yet we'd go to bat for one another in a heartbeat! Totally agree that kindred spirit friends are more precious than jewels!

Linda Jennings said...

Beautiful post! Yes I have kindred spirit friends. I cherish their friendships.

Jeanie said...

I am fortunate to say that I have many kindred spirit friends and I love them all. We are kindred spirits in many ways -- some of us became friends because of mutual interests -- and those interests may vary from one to another. Some we've known forever. Some we just meet and know we'll be friends. And we will be. Always.

La Tea Dah said...

Kindred spirit friends are very important. Mine tend to represent different aspects of my personality --- each holds a unique place in my heart. I think that a kindred friend that encompasses 90% or more of an individual is rare indeed (a once or twice in a lifetime kind of friend).

Laurie said...

My kindred spirits have always been my sisters. The four of us clicked in so many ways, it was as if God put us here together, we always say we are our own best friends.

Adrienne said...

I have a few kindred spirit friends. They are so near and dear to me and I treasure them more than words can say. One has been a friend since we were in college together, another was my boss on a job many years ago and I have met some through our blogs.
~Adrienne~

relevanttealeaf said...

I do, indeed, have kindred spirit friends. Thanks for your post that has made me reflect on the blessing of their friendship.

koralee said...

Hi sweet friend...what a lovely post...believe it or not I seem to have many kindred spirit friends...and I want to thank you soooooo much for the lovely treats in the mail I got yesterday...thank you thank you thank you...I am really enjoying everything. Hugs. xoxo

Tracy said...

This is beautiful, Marilyn! I fell in love of Anne of Green Gables in my early teens--sensitive to kindred spirits and seeking bosom friends. :o) Through blogging I've been lucky to meet many a sweet friend--like you! It's great to visit here with you! I've been away from the computer. We're just back from a little vacation. Happy Weekend ((HUGS))