Friday, May 31, 2013

Time for Tea

 

Yes, we do mow our lawn, but the clumps are the end of the daffodils taking time to rejuvenate for next year.
 
 

When the sun comes out, even just a little bit,
 I am sitting in the sun having tea.
Smiling because that isn't always true.
Of course I am here writing to you.
The sun is shining this morning
and a treat from the market awaits.
Tea in my cup brings a pleasure so true.
What tea is bringing pleasure today just for you?

My tea this morning is Harney & Sons  East Frisian
with a touch of sugar and milk.
Normally I drink my tea straight, but for me this tea
just sings when a little sugar and milk are added.
Have a delightful weekend and take time for tea in your garden,
whether that is just a front stoop, a deck, or surrounded in flowers.

12 comments:

Lorrie said...

Hello Marilyn. It's bright and sunny today, but I have lots of things to do. However, taking a few moments to sit in the sunshine with a cup of tea sounds like a very good thing indeed.
Your blue teapot is so round and pretty. Love it! Have a wonderful day.

parTea lady said...

That is a pretty tea in the garden. I would like that yummy treat right now. ☺ I'm tasting several different green teas today, trying to find one I really like.

Bernideen said...

Beautiful setting for tea!

Two Cottages And Tea said...

What a beautiful place to enjoy a tea time break! Your tea looks so inviting!
Nancy

S. Etole said...

That cupcake looks yummy. Enjoy the filtered light in your photos.

Laurie said...

What a perfect little spot to sit and enjoy your tea, Marilyn! I can see me sitting there with you one day sharing a cup.

Jeanie said...

My yard looks like that tall grass thing because of tulips and daffs also. Frustrating, and I'll hack them down eventually when I can't stand it anymore, but want to let them soak up the sun and all while we can. Now the back yard grass? That's just out of control because Mower Rick has this out of (his) sight, out of mind theory...!

Linda P said...

Mellow sunlight at tea-time is one of my favourite times of the day, although waking up to sunshine is a joyful experience also.

Karen's Place said...

What a peaceful setting. I couldn't help but admire and awww over your vintage tablecloth.

Tracy said...

Ooo...a very delightful tea moment, Marilyn. Such pretty images! In my cup today is iced tea--it's actually VERY warm here today... 70 F... LOL! ;o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Angela McRae said...

You have so many great spots for taking tea!

Rosemary said...

Such a lovely setting for tea. I haven't had East Frisian in awhile, but know I would enjoy it again! My weekend was busy, but delightful!