Friday, May 24, 2013

Picnic Time

 
 

Do you see that table in the distance.
Yes, let's run and grab it.
It's time for a picnic.
Once the end of May and Memorial Day arrive
my thinking goes to picnics, outdoor delights.
Do you love picnics?
With a little planning ahead they can be so much fun.
Carry a blanket and a basket with supplies such as utensils, table cloth,
napkins, and plates in the trunk of your car at all times.
My basket even has a teapot and cups.
Only food and drink needs to be added and you are
off on an adventure, a place of memories and delight.
A picnic can be on your own back steps, at the ocean side,
in the country, or at a city park.
If you had a picnic this weekend, where would you go?
Happy Picnic Time!

The photos were taken at a picnic at Twin Hill Ranch in California.

10 comments:

parTea lady said...

Looks like a lovely picnic. I would enjoy a picnic on the beach right about now.

Laurie said...

Unfortunately our Memorial Day will be very melancholy, but I do love picnics and will surely have plenty this summer!

Cathy said...

Picnics are one of the best parts of summer in my opinion. Everything tastes better when eaten outside on a lovely summer day. It would be nice to start getting some "picnic" weather.

Jeanie said...

Does anyone NOT love a picnic? I know of prettier places, but one of my favorite is packing a bag and meeting Rick at a little town up north for a post-July 4 parade. He rides his bike to and from; I cook, bring it along and fool around on the way back! Always fun!

Happy weekend-your picnic will be terrific no matter where it is!

Unknown said...

Something tells me you know how to throw one heck of a picnic.

Jeanne said...

Have a great picnic and a great memorial day weekend. Much love and many blessings
Enjoy your spring and summer days they vanish very quickly.

Adrienne said...

If I had a picnic this weekend I would go to the Rose Garden! Or Pittock Mansion - if the rain would hold off and let the grass warm in the sunshine!
~Adrienne~

Angela McRae said...

I think I will plan a "tea picnic" for just a friend and me! Thanks for the inspiration!

Rosemary said...

When the weather starts warming, we like to enjoy dinners outside at our picnic table. So casual and relaxed.

relevanttealeaf said...

Hmmm... I'd go to Stony Creek - one of our metro parks. But it's still a little too cool picnics in Michigan at the moment. I loved seeing your picnic photo.