Thursday, October 9, 2014

As the Sun went Down in Seattle

 While in Seattle there were adventures that involved bridges to tea.
 And a walk along the water front.
 With more water to see.
 But just sitting watching the sun go down touched my heart.
 There is something so awesome in just taking in the beauty of a sunset.
 The lights shine in the evening light.
 A place to just be with someone special, play a little, chat, or sit in quietness on a yellow chair.
Tuck in for the night, savor the colors, and share the quiet side by side or all alone.
All of the colors of the day gather in my heart to savor, delight, and hold close in my memory
of an adventure to another place.  Seattle you provided the memories.

10 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Pretty sunsets do provide a tranquil ending to a busy day. It's nice that you can remember your trip to Seattle through photos and sunsets enjoyed there.

Catherine said...

Beautiful photos and lovely memories. Blessings, Catherine

Laura Morrigan said...

I love the giant ferris wheel!

Mary said...

Beautiful Seattle pics Marilyn - it definitely is a great place to visit. So happy you enjoyed your time there - and with your dear one along for the ride…..and some tea!

Mary x

Tracy said...

SO many magic moments.... Tea, sunsets... What more could a girl want?! ;o) Thanks for taking us along, Marilyn--lovely to see a little of Seattle! Happy Days ((HUGS))

Rosemary said...

It looks like Seattle provides a tranquil sight! I remember my parents talking about a huge troll that was positioned under a bridge - some special work of art that captured the attention of many. Of course, this was probably 20 years ago - wonder if it's still there?!

Jeanie said...

What a spectacular sunset, Marilyn. There is such mood and energy in these photos. Peaceful yet magical.

Anonymous said...

The water fountain is so pretty. The succession of circles on the waterfront is fascinating.

Angela McRae said...

Ohhhhh ... how I love these photos! I am supposed to go to the beach next week, so this is really whetting my appetite for sunsets on the water!

Adrienne said...

I'm catching up after a time to take care of family needs. Somehow I missed this beautiful post. I love Seattle - especially when I have a chance to sit by the water and enjoy the view. And having the sun set while there is a special treat. Beautiful photos. Thank you for sharing.
~Adrienne~