Friday, October 17, 2014

Swish, Swish!

Swish, swish said the fish as he raced by.
Where are you going, said I?
But by the time the words were out, he was gone.
Little time for dreaming, little time for playing.
 I meandered on my way soaking in the sunshine at the waters surface.
There were little leaps of JOY as the waves flowed over me.
Feeling the ecstasy of the day I sang a song.
The song made my heart happier than it had been for oh so long.
 Silly you may say, but silly makes me bubble with JOY.
So if you need some JOY just be silly and think of this fish.
Sing and be happy, but most of all just meander and soak in each moment.

Happy weekend, dear friends!
Soak in a little JOY!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like that silly fish.

Lorrie said...

A little silliness is good for many things.

Geoff said...

Wonderful little piece. I'm guessing you sojourned to the coast?

Steph said...

I love your poem!

Jeanie said...

There is much to be said for bubbling with joy, my friend! I love it!

Angela McRae said...

You know, if I weren't so behind on my blog reading, I would have read this just about the time I was experiencing "joy" at my friend's wedding last week! Love the idea of soaking in joy -- kind of like a good-attitude bubble bath!